Monday, October 13, 2014

Long time, no blog

Wow, its been a while!

A lot has changed in the past couple of months..
I let go of some people in my life that I felt were bringing me down. Sometimes you just need to go out on your own to figure out what you want and where to go. I think I let other people affect me too much and it was taking a toll on my life and where I wanted to go. I was so lost and felt stuck..

with that happening I made the choice to actually go to school. Not want to, and not just think about it. I MADE IT HAPPEN. I decided to go back to dental assisting school! It wasn't something I saw myself doing, but when I was looking around for jobs, I always see listing for jobs out by home, rather than in SLC. So that made me curious.. then a girl I was working with mentioned that she was going, so I checked out the program she was in. It started too soon for me to get everything situated. I contacted another friend of mine who went to a dental assisting program and she LOVED her job. I found out the name of the program she was in and I called them.. and here I am IN SCHOOL :) I currently completed my 4th week. I should be done before thanksgiving :) I am really proud of myself so FINALLY doing something. I spent way too much time thinking about it rather than doing it. I go to school 8 hrs on Saturdays which is kind of rough, but I love school so it isn't too hard to do.

I've learned a lot so far and I am officially Radiology certified! I know there's a lot more to learn. I got Ev excited about brushing her teeth. She doesn't like the "yucky" toothpaste (the fluoride kind) but she still wants to brush and floss! She got her own pink mouthwash and her own little flossers!

I also started my internship! I've only gone once (I can only go on fridays) and It was awesome! I got to see a root canal. How they fit dentures. I also watched them prepare a tooth for a crown and another person came in to have a crown placed! My favorite was watching them do a root canal. I had no idea that they looked the way they do! then I helped the hygienist clean a ladies teeth and it was also pretty cool to see! I can't wait to go back!

Speaking of jobs. I did get a new one! I now am working as a financial manager at a chiropractic clinic. I was sad (kind of) to leave my last job. Mostly because I liked everybody I worked with but I was SO OVER that job. Plus I wasn't making enough money to be there.  I've been at this job for about 3 weeks now. So far so good..

Most of you should know but Ev turned 3! I'm honestly still at a disbelief. 3 years went by WAY to fast. I look at her newborns and wonder when and how the time escaped me. She is so smart and so funny and she gets more beautiful everyday!
For her birthday we went to St. George with my family. We took the girls to a bounce house for the day, they all loved it! Then we went to the children's museum and played in some splash river by the museum and had lunch.  Then we got set up for Evs bubble guppies birthday party!
Ev had so much fun!
Her real birthday wasn't until Tuesday. We left St George on Monday. I called off work on Tuesday (Because they never did anything with my request for the day off that I submitted in July)  and I took Ev to the ZOO! It was a nice quiet day. Literally there was like no one there . So we got to see what we wanted to see when we wanted to see it! Then we went home and we celebrated her birthday with my parents. All in all she had a good birthday. I'm so excited to see where she goes in life! She's such a smart, funny, sweet girl. I'm so lucky to be her mama.


So pretty much I have been BUSY. I work full time Mon-Thurs and then Friday I am at my internship. Then Saturday I am at school. Poor Ev. I make sure that when I am home Its all about her!
This last Saturday was the breast cancer walk which I sadly had to miss due to school. Ev FREAKED. She wanted me to go so bad and was bawling. but she had fun despite my absence. I'm glad she still remembers me! lol

I'm looking forward to my favorite holiday, HALLOWEEN! Ev has chosen to be Batman and she has chosen for me to be Robin of course. I tried to get her to be a bank robber, but no.. then I saw THE cutest Buzz lightyear costume for girls. but no, batman! I'm okay with it. she looks freaking adorable in her batman costume. I just love Halloween so much! I cant wait until we get to go trick or treating. I'm excited in general for the holidays! but where the hell did this year go? again, time has escaped me. I feel like It should only be May at this point..

I'll try to keep more updated!











No comments:

Post a Comment